Not everyone can get to the polling place on Election Day so registered voters have the option of voting by absentee ballot, either in person or by mail. (If you have not registered to vote yet, please refer to the section "How Do I Register to Vote.)
Absentee Voting Options:
- In-Person Absentee Voting:
This takes place during normal business hours at the City Clerk's office in the Municipal Building, 300 La Crosse Street three weeks before the election, up until 5:00pm the Friday before the election. Registered voters must first show a valid Photo ID before receiving their ballot. Voting takes place at that time as you are not allowed to leave the building with a ballot.
- Submit Request for ballot using the MyVote system.
- Mail your request for ballot:
Complete an Application For Absentee Ballot (EL-121) and mail it, along with a copy of your Photo ID to the City Clerk's office at 300 La Crosse Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965. Allow for adequate time for the absentee ballot to be mailed to you and returned back to the city.
- Email or Fax your request for ballot:
Registered voters may also submit their Application for an Absentee Ballot via email to the City Clerk at (email@example.com) or by Fax at (608-254-7329) no later than 5:00pm on the Thursday before an election and ballot will be mailed to them. Make sure to include a copy of your Photo ID.
- Per State Law, ballots cannot be picked up at the Clerk's office and taken with you.
- Per State Law, ballots received after the polls close on election day are not counted.